We’re offering children aged between 7-13 the chance to
GET CREATIVE & WIN
a set of books by the children’s authors
visiting the Arts Festival this year!
All you have to do is write a short story (500-1500 words) or a poem (no more than 40 lines).
In celebration of the arrival of the railway to the area 175 years ago, the theme for your short story or poem must be trains!
- Anyone between the ages of 7 and 13 may enter.
- All entries must be received on or before 1st September 2016.
- All entries must be emailed to email@example.com in a word document (or similar format). NB: Entries can be written by hand, but must be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure the subject of the email states ‘WRITING COMPETITION’ followed by the name of the child and their age. Please do not write the name of the competitor on the actual entry – only in the subject line of the email.
- Short stories must be between 500-1500 words.
- Poems must be no longer than 40 lines.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries not adhering to the rules & requirements will be disqualified.
- Copyright remains with the author, but Lindfield Arts Festival reserves the right to have entries performed at the Festival, , published on the internet, or used for publicity purposes at any stage in the future.
- Winners will be announced and prizes presented at the Festival on Saturday 17th September.
- The prize is a selection of books written and signed by the authors attending the Festival.
The competition is being organised by The Book Activist who will also be on the panel of judges.