What: Burlesque Workshop
When: 17th September – 20.00 – 21.30pm
Where: Bent Arms, Upstairs
Ticket: £5.00 per lady
To book please register on the Events Page
During the session you will:
- Warm up to get you ready for each class in a Chicago/Moulin Rouge style routine
- Learn how to play different characters, pose and strut your stuff with elegance, poise and confidence.
- Understand the art of seduction through dance, teasing with props and relating to music
- Learn a dance routine and work on your own character
- Finally, learn the nipple tassel twirl
- Props include; gloves, fans, feather boas, riding crops, chairs
- Tassels are £5 extra if you would like a pair to take home.
Wear comfortable clothes to dance in, leggings and vest top for example, but if you fancy dressing up, this is highly recommended as long as you feel confident. You will need soft shoes to dance in but bring small heels if you want to add some extra class to your experience. High heels usually help you to feel sexy and walk with purpose.
Dance routines are suitable for everyone and can be tailored, depending on the groups fitness levels. Cameras and filming are welcome
About SK Dance
Based in and around West Sussex, SK Dance is an established local company owned by Lancing’s very own dancing queen, Sarah King. SK Dance offers dance and dance exercise classes for beginners and improvers. Whether you want to shape up, learn to dance, celebrate an occasion, build confidence, keep active or have fun, SK Dance is the company for you!